Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming platforms in the world. But what if you want to listen to your tunes on the go, and don’t have your phone with you?
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to use Spotify on a connected watch. So whether you’re out for a run or just hanging out at home, you can always have your favorite music playing. Let’s get started!
- 1 Features and Compatibility
- 2 Samsung smartwatches
- 3 Wear OS by Google-connected watches
- 4 Fitbit connected watches
- 5 Garmin connected watches
Features and Compatibility
On the majority of connected watches, the Spotify application allows you to listen to titles, obtain information on the content currently playing, save favorites and access titles from the library and/or recently listened to.
Some models – in particular Samsung and Garmin brands – allow you to go further and take advantage of specific advantages of the Spotify Premium subscription, such as downloading tracks, access to offline mode, better sound quality or the Spotify Connect feature. The latter allows you to use the watch as a remote control to control music playback on other devices (speakers etc.).
If in doubt about whether your watch is compatible with the Spotify app, head to the Spotify Everywhere page .
The range of Samsung-connected watches is vast to meet everyone’s desires. However, some basic configuration is required to proceed with the installation.
Indeed, you will need to have a model Gear S3, Gear Sport, Gear Fit 2, Fit 2 Pro but also a smartphone on which Android 4.4 or a later version is installed.
The application is also compatible with Galaxy Watch models in combination with a smartphone on which Android 5.0 or later is installed
Installing Spotify on Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch models
- From the home screen of your watch, click on the ” Applications ” icon.
- Then select ” Galaxy Apps “.
- In the search bar, indicate ” Spotify ” and finally click on the ” Install ” button.
Installing Spotify on Gear Fit 2 and Fit 2 Pro models
- From your Android smartphone, go to the ” Samsung Gear ” application.
- In the menu that appears, then select ” Samsung Galaxy Apps “.
- Find the Spotify app by browsing ‘ Essentials ‘ or by searching .
- Finally, click on ” Download ” and on ” Agree and download “.
Wear OS by Google-connected watches
Android 6 or later is required to install Spotify on a Wear OS device.
Installing Spotify on a Wear OS by Google Watch
- Go to the connected watch’s Google Play Store and then search for the ” Spotify ” application to install it.
- From a smartphone, tablet or computer, open the Spotify Pair web page to connect to your Spotify account. If you do not yet have an account, it is possible to register from the same page.
- Finally, enter the code that will be communicated to you on your watch and click on the ” Associate ” button.
Fitbit connected watches
Spotify is currently compatible with Fitbit Versa (Special Edition or not), Fitbit Versa 2 (Special Edition or not), Fitbit Versa Lite , Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Charge 4 models .
Installing Spotify on a Fitbit Watch
- Open the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
- Click on the ” Profile ” icon and then on your Fitbit watch .
- Then go to ” Apps “.
- In the ” All Apps ” menu , find Spotify and then proceed to install it .
- Finally, from ” My Apps “, select the nut icon located next to Spotify and then enter your Spotify account credentials .
Garmin connected watches
The Spotify app is available on many Garmin devices , but there are exceptions. To check the compatibility of your model, do not hesitate to refer to the Spotify Everywhere page .
Before you start, and if you haven’t already, install the Connect IQ™ app ( Android ) on your smartphone. Then check that your smartphone and your Garmin watch are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Installing Spotify on a Garmin Watch
- On your smartphone: Open the Connect IQ™ app.
- Search for ” Spotify ” then click ” Download “.
- On your Garmin watch: go to “My music” then choose Spotify.
- From the Connect IQ™ smartphone application: enter your Spotify login credentials.
- Finally, link your accounts and click on the ” OK ” button.
If you wish, you can also connect your Garmin watch to Bluetooth headphones to listen to music.
Ultimately, there are many connected watches that allow you to listen to music and podcasts. This can be very useful when practicing sports. To find out how to connect Spotify to other devices, such as televisions, speakers or game consoles, be sure to consult the dedicated tutorial below.