The Spotify streaming platform ( Android – Windows ) allows you to listen to music and podcasts on several home devices such as connected screens.
Via voice commands from Alexa or Google Assistant, each user is free to change titles, pause, launch a specific playlist, etc. Here’s how to do it if you want to enjoy Spotify on your connected screen.
To ensure that your connected display is compatible with Spotify, visit the Spotify Everywhere site.
Spotify is currently compatible with Amazon Echo Spot, Amazon Echo Show, and Facebook Portal/Portal+ connected displays.
- Download the Alexa app and open it.
- Click on the menu located at the top left.
- Select “ Settings ” then “ Music and Podcasts ” before clicking on “ Spotify ”.
- Then select ” Link account to Alexa “.
- Then enter your Spotify credentials.
If you then want to set Spotify as the default service, go back to the ” Music and Podcast ” menu then click on ” Default services ” and finally on ” Spotify “. Validate the request by clicking on ” Finish “.
Once your Spotify account is linked to Alexa, use the voice commands of your choice starting with ” Alexa “. For example: “Alexa skips to the next song (on Spotify)”. To learn more, be sure to visit Amazon’s support site.
Spotify on Facebook Portal devices
Spotify is installed by default on Facebook Portal/Portal+ devices. Just go to the Spotify application to connect to your Spotify account via Facebook and start playing titles.
It is possible to perform voice commands by saying ” Hey Portal ” or by using Alexa. The remote control functionality (using your smartphone as a remote control) is accessible with Spotify Connect.
Spotify and connected screens equipped with the Google Assistant
Spotify is currently compatible with Nest Hub, Nest Hub Max, Lenovo Smart Display, and LG WK9 smart displays.
- Make sure that the smartphone and the connected display are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then open the Google Home app, then click on ” Account ” at the top right.
- Check that the Google account that appears is linked to your connected screen. If not, select the appropriate account or click ” Add another account “.
- From the home screen, click on the ” + ” button located at the top left and select ” Music and audio “.
- In the menu that appears, choose ” Spotify ” and click on ” Link accounts “.
- Finally, select ” Connect to Spotify ” then enter your Spotify credentials.
After completing these steps, you are free to make the appropriate voice commands starting with ” OK Google “. For example: “OK Google is launching my Spotify playlist”.
To find out how to connect Spotify to other devices, such as televisions, game consoles, or even cars, do not hesitate to consult the dedicated tutorial below.