In order to enjoy an optimal listening experience, the Spotify music and podcast streaming platform ( Android – Windows ) is full of interesting features.
In particular, it is possible to use the application on home devices via Spotify Connect, Bluetooth, voice assistants, or even an Auxiliary or USB cable. Depending on the desired method, here we explain all the steps to follow to associate Spotify with your speakers.
Spotify Connect allows you to use the Spotify application as a remote control to listen to songs on speakers. In order to use this feature, be sure to check that your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
On smartphones and tablets
- Open the Spotify application then start playing a title.
- Click on the “ Connect to a device ” icon, located in the reading bar.
- In the new page that appears, select your speakers.
- Open the Spotify app or web player and start playing a track.
- Click on the ” Connect to a device ” icon, located at the bottom right of the playback bar.
- In the menu that appears, select your speakers.
Tips: If the above steps don’t work as expected, feel free to quit and re-launch the Spotify app, restart your devices, and turn your Wi-Fi connection off and on again.
To use Spotify on your speakers via Bluetooth, your devices must be Bluetooth compatible and you must have the latest version of Spotify installed on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Close the Spotify app on your mobile, tablet, or computer.
- Activate the Bluetooth function on your device and on the speakers.
- Proceed to pair the two devices. This process varies from device to device. If in doubt, consult your device’s user guide.
- Once the devices are paired, open the Spotify app and start playing a track. That’s it!
Tips: If the above steps don’t work, make sure the devices are about 1 meter away, have enough power, and have a connection with the speakers.
It is also possible to go to the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone, tablet, or computer to authorize media sharing and/or select your speakers as the default device.
As a last resort, go to the Bluetooth settings again to delete (“forget”) the information from your speakers. Then turn Bluetooth off on your devices before turning it back on, then try connecting the devices again as instructed in the numbered steps above.
If you want to use voice commands to listen to music and podcasts on your Google or Amazon-compatible speakers, we invite you to go to the tutorial entitled ” How to use Spotify with voice assistants? “.
Auxiliary or USB cable
To play music on the speakers from a device equipped with the Spotify application, it is also possible to use an Auxiliary (Jack) or USB cable. If that doesn’t work, make sure you have the correct cable (don’t force it if you’re not sure), and don’t hesitate to change it if you think it might be damaged.
Ultimately, there are several ways to listen to your favorite tracks on speakers thanks to the means mentioned below. To find out how to connect Spotify to other devices, such as televisions, game consoles, or even cars, do not hesitate to consult the dedicated tutorial below.